How Drinking Water Can Improve Your Health & Well-Being
1) Water helps maintain blood volume, which maintain your energy.
2) Proper hydration improves your concentration and reaction time, especially during exercise.
3) Water increases the number of calories you burn during regular daily activities.
4) Water can help lessen stomach distress cause by concentrated medicines.
5) Water helps rid the body excess sodium, which can cause fluid retention.
6) Studies show links between high water consumption and reduced risk of minor ailments, such as colds, constipation and urinary tract infections, to more serious conditions, including kidney stones and bladder cancer.
7) Frequent water intake prevents dehydration among the very young and old. (Dehydration is one of the leading causes of hospital admissions for those over 65 years old. )
8) Water may help you lose weight and improve your appearance.
9) The body often mistakes thirst for hunger pangs, so people often eat snacks when their bodies are thirsty, not hungry. Studies show that people who drink large amounts of water usually feel less hungry.
10) Water gives you more energy during exercise and increases the calories you burn during exercise.
11) Studies indicate that water may also help reduce fat deposits.
12) Water help hydrate the skin, leaving it smoother, softer, more supple and more winkle-free. (Water reaches the skin last, if the body doesn’t get enough water, the skin will feel the effect sooner than any other organs.)